how it would go ... not sure about Australia. Here you show up at an
emergency room, the emergency room of a psychiatric hospital for
preference, though any ER will do, and explain that you are thinking
of hurting yourself, or hearing voices, or whatever the issue may be.
There would be a number of interviews with doctors after that, but
essentially you go from there.