There were at least 8 calls

-----Original Message-----
From: Charlie Griefer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, September 28, 2008 8:17 PM
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: Game

games are seldom lost (or won) on a single bad call.
bad calls are part of the game, and they'll likely always be part of the
game.

good teams play well enough that a single bad call will not cost them the
game.  great teams play well enough that a handful of bad calls will not
cost them the game.

my team "lost" a wildcard game on a bad call a few years back.  of course,
before losing the game on the bad call, they gave up 30+ points in the final
20 minutes of the game.  they should never put themselves in the position of
letting that one call decide the game.

that being said, i don't disagree that there were a lot of really bad calls
(or non-calls) in that game.  while i've advocated in the past that the
human element will always factor into the game... this game did have more
bad/missed calls than what i'd generally refer to as "acceptable".  i might
be just a teeny bit biased because i'm very OK with the outcome :)