The Isles are an awful team with even worse management.

It's shameful to see them crash and burn so hard (unlike the crash the Maple
Leafs are suffering - now that's just plain enjoyable!)

-----Original Message-----
From: Judah McAuley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2008 12:58 PM
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: Hockey Time!

Vegas certainly has the money, but sports teams are historically pretty wary
of settling in Vegas because they don't want to be associated with the
gambling. I also wonder about the wisdom of locating a hockey team in a
desert in a city that is barely 500,000 without another major city nearby.
On the other hand, Vegas doesn't have any other pro sports franchises which
would mean that they are the only game in town. Portland has the Blazers and
will likely soon have an MLS team.

Still, I'm against putting hockey franchises in places where it doesn't
snow. But I'm just grumpy that way. Oh and please please do not send us the
Islanders. Those goons can stay where they are.

Judah