Yeah, there are nutjobs.  The candidates need to very vocally say
"don't hurt people or lie on my behalf".  They need to say it now and
repeat it every day.  It may not prevent all the problems, but it will
certainly cool off the overheated environment that exists now.  Unless
that's what they want.