I think he had a great deal to do with it. Just like it surprises
people that Obama wrote the speech on race himself, rather than a
speech writer.

Regardless, he put together a team to develop and execute the
strategy. He was going up against people much better placed within the
party than he, so he didn't necessarily have the pick of hte litter
for team members. So no matter how much of the strategy he came up
with all on his own, I'd give him props for surrounding himself with
good people and getting the team to execute.

That's just what I want to see in a President in fact.