Scott, sounds like a bit of a dominance issue to me. Your dog doesn't
respect the heirarchy of your family. Remember that dogs are pack animals
and there's only one "leader of the pack." (vroom vroom, cue the music)

There's a few suggestions I can make for what it's worth. Hounds are work
dogs and are task oriented. So you need to put him to work, or what he
thinks is work anyway. The best way to do this is excercise and 'seek'
tasks. Hounds are sniffers so get one of his favorite outdoor toys and work
with him. Take him to a quiet park or if you have a big back yard that will
work. Have him sit/stay and let him sniff the toy. Have him watch you hide
his toy behind a tree, bush etc. Then come back to him and release him. Have
him "fetch it up" or whatever command you prefer. He should insticntively
seek out the toy. If not, help him with the concept. Don't neccessarilly
expect him to retrieve it for you, not his breed. Praise him lightly for
finding it, rinse repeat. This may sound goofy but it will help your dog in
two ways, 1) it helps instill that you are the leader of the family and 2)
it's what he was born to do so it helps him feel satisfied.

Also taking him for a good run will help work out some energy too, as long
as you don't let him go first. Since you are the leader you need have him
follow you, not the other way around. If he tries to move ahead of you a
quick firm upward tug on his leash everytime he tries. Obviously you're not
trying to hurt the dog, just shake him out of his current state of mind,
which is "I'm the alpha, follow me." It also helps if you have a sound you
use when correcting the dog. Some people use clickers, some people use a
shhhht or uhuh sound. My stupid human trick is that I can snap incredibly
loud, so I snap when I correct. It's important that you correct him right
away and every time. He'll catch on faster than you think.

Directly regarding the bulldozer effect, you apply the above. If he tries to
bulldoze correct him and have him sit/stay or lay down. If you watch closely
you should be able to see the exact point when his mind is becoming fixated
on wanting to get up and bulldoze. As soon as you see this you correct him
with your click/sound/snap. You are trying to shake him out of his fixation
on bulldozing and have him fixate on you, the alpha. If you consistently do
this he should begin to learn that he needs your approval/invitation to get
cuddles.

Remember that a dog is one of two things, the leader or the follower. If you
(or anyone/everyone in your family) establish yourself as the alpha he only
knows one other role, which is follower.

Not that you would, but do not scold or hit your dog when you are working
with him though. You are correcting him, not punishing him. Also, don't at
any time praise or cuddle him when he's exhibiting bad behavior otherwise it
will all go to pot. If he's whiney also don't comfort him. Saying stuff like
"it's ok" etc when he's exhibiting bad behavior only enforces that he gets
positive attention when behaving badly.

And make sure you don't lose your cool or get frustrated. Dogs are
phenomenal readers of body language (would make great poker players) and
react best when you are calm, firm and unwavering.

This is how I've always trained my dogs and believe me that they are much
happier when they know who's in charge (which is never them), what their
boundries are and when they get regular excercise.

Hope this helps.