On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 9:58 AM, G wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 11:46 AM, Robert wrote:
>
> > OK, you'll have to explain that one, and denying funding to stem cell
> > research and other morality-based policy decisions don't count, they
> could
> > be made by anyone of any religious affiliation, or indeed no religious
> > affiliation.
>
> OK, we can pretend that religion is not at the heart of such decisions....

Whether religious belief is at the heart of such decision is irrelevant. The
First Amendment says this about religion:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or
prohibiting the free exercise thereof"

Nowhere does it say that Congress is prevented from basing decision on
religiously-based morals.

> Bush? When did I mention Bush? I thought we were talking about a state
> representative from Kentucky??? You have an unhealthy fixation :)

LOL, I thought we had shifted the thread. So you are referring to the
pinhead in Kentucky? Same difference. There was nothing there about
establishment of religion, just a corny (and in his state quite obviously
populist) line about giving God credit for keeping people safe.