I've heard bad mojo about the Storm, and I'm not a Blackberry fan in
general. My wife's Blackberry (World Edition) has terrible call quality.

I have an unlocked GSM phone for travelling. Verizon doesn't use GSM in the
U.S., so it isn't even technically possible to use an iPhone or Nokia N97 on
their network. Supposedly they are switching to the successor to GSM for the
next generation network and phones, but I think that is at least a couple of
years away.

I'm leaning toward either the Omnia or the vx6900. The Omnia is like my
current phone in that it has everything and does everything. The 6900 lacks
a keyboard, but it is really thin, which is cool.