I don't agree with the bailouts either, but I am slightly more
outraged over the concept that it is ok to assert that someone is a
terrorist and lock him up for years on end. That could be me; it could
be you. Once you say it is ok to do that you are relying on government
officials to have a sense of proportion and of justice. Which your own
example proves to not always be the case. Perhaps this guy is in fact
a thwarted terrorist. But perhaps he is not, and what about that?