There is nothing in the Christian religion that condones killing!  As a matter of
fact, Jesus preached about turning the other
cheek.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Dinowitz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "CF-Community" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2002 11:42 AM
Subject: RE: Religious Jews (was: Circumcision article link)

> God tells me to eat Kosher. I listen to the word of God. God says to kill Amalak
>(biblical reference). If I knew for sure who
Amalak was, as a people, I'd be bound by that commandment to kill them. If I knew for
sure and didn't, then I'm disobeying God. The
responsability for the commandment is on God and the responsibility on my actions are
my own. The two are not as separate as you may
think.
> If the church or the pope, as the direct hand of God on earth (by Catholic lore)
>says that the Jews are responsible for the death
of Jesus and are to be tormented, do they hold any responsibility for it?