> -----Original Message-----
> From: C. Hatton Humphrey [mailto:[email protected]]
> Sent: Monday, December 15, 2008 12:34 AM
> To: cf-community
> Subject: Researching a new (hosting) place
> 
> The place that I've been with for almost 6 years just added a monthly
> charge per domain for ColdFusion accounts.  They tell me that it's a
> billing error because I'm on an old plan but I think it's time to at
> least look around for a new home.

I just set up an account at KickAssVPS.com - $35/month for a virtual server
(Windows 2003, I think that Unix is cheaper).

No CF natively (I have a personal copy of v7 standard) but you can of course
use any of the free options.  They offer shared SQL Server but I choose to
use SQL Server Express (free, but limited to one Gig DBs - but lots more
power if your data can fit).

The server is fast but the space is a little limited: 10 Gig of disk space
stanadard (but the OS image does NOT count toward that) - but more space is
pretty cheap.  I've only been with them for less than a month, but I've been
very impressed so far.

I moved from CrystalTech.com - whom I still love and still has the best
prices on dedicated hardware - but there the cheapest dedicated plan is
still three time more than KickAssVPS.

But once you go dedicated it's hard to go back: no crap about "total number
of domains" or "user limits".  Whatever that server can run, you can put on
it.

Jim Davis


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Adobe® ColdFusion® 8 software 8 is the most important and dramatic release to 
date
Get the Free Trial
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;207172674;29440083;f

Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/message.cfm/messageid:282694
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.5

Reply via email to