Yeah - what she said (again... all my posts today will simply be to agree
with Erika).

"Prewired", I would think, means "usable"... this just sounds like a scam to
me. "Yeah, you've got the extra surround-sound, infrared-rejection and
microwave deflection circuits package here - it's a sweet deal, completely
hidden in the wall and excellently priced... but what kind of price can you
put on peace of mind?"

Kind of like that extra $500 for "undercoating" on a used car.

I'm not even sure if it's legal to leave exposed, uncapped wires in a
wall...

There should be an access someplace... not sure of the layout, but
attic/basement/crawlspace?  Back of adjoining closets?

If not you'll almost definitely be better off running your own damn wires
and knowing where they are.

Jim Davis