Hi.. Not too sure how to go about getting those figures Maureen, but
the plan seems to be to contract out the development to a 3rd party.
(Hence they want to do it in .NET - but I am sending out RFPs to CF
houses that I've come across for comparison.)  The problem is that I'm
not at all familiar with .NET [did some front end stuff, in previous
job, but no back end programming] and I'm the one who would need to
keep the site running, make changes, modification and expansions etc -
before going back to the 3rd party for such assistance (=$$$)

By, keeping it in CF I at least have familiarity with the platform and
can learn more without having to start from scratch in a new
environment and language (I'm guessing it would be c#). Not to mention
getting me trained etc.

Any advise on figuring those costs is appreciated!