On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 7:22 AM, Erika L. Walker <elwal...@ruwebby.com> wrote:
> Well that is awesomely fascinating. Truly. I am coming to see you if we ever
> find ourselves on that coast. It's suddenly become an item on my bucket
> list. Just because I love fascinating people.

That sounds snazzy indeed. We'll take you and charles out to our
favorite strip clubs.

> Though, what exactly is an ex-ish wife ....

A category for which we don't really have good terminology, alas.
Jocelyn is a person I am still legally married to because we haven't
gotten around to getting a divorce as we've always had other, better
uses for the money. But she and I both live with other partners. But
we are best friends and she and her partner live 4 houses down and we
hang out several times a week and they are integral to our chosen
family. So, yeah, ex-ish. Not really ex in the legal sense nor having
any of the emotional connotations that normally comes with a term like
"ex-wife" but at the same time, not really a person I'm living with
every day.

Complicated, I know. But it works for us and that's the important bit.

Oh, Jocelyn also runs one of the best food blogs in the world:
http://www.browniepointsblog.com/

Cheers,
Judah