On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 12:17 PM, Gruss Gott <grussg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Dino wrote:
> > He IS a shiny new thing. He's a new president. He's the first black
> > president.
>
> He is, and if we must have celebrities in life I'm glad it's as good as
> role models as Barak and Michele Obama.

I'm not going into the points that will prevent me and others from seeing
them as role models but as for celebrities in the white house - Regan.
What we've seen of the Obamas is a very carefully packaged except of their
lives which blunts their bad points and exemplifies their good. That's
called packaging and its what celebrities are known for. They're just people
like you and me. Just shiny ones.

> Our government's custom is to elect a leader to be accountable and
> responsible for government, to execute on its needs, and to competently
> manage its failures.

So your take is that we elect a fall guy rather than a manager. We
definitely have a difference of opinion.

When our elected leader fails to manage failures, crisis results.

> Our nation is now in crisis.

Our nation is always in crisis. The question is, how many and how big.