I don't know.  I think we are rapidly approaching a time when we can
no longer afford to enforce prohibition with so little return on the
investment.  250 million dollars a year to incarcerate people whose
only crime is possession of pot might fly in a robust economy, but I
doubt it will find many supporters in the current economic
environment.   If you look at the cost of drug enforcement versus the
number of arrests of dealers, it works out to something like 20
million per dealer arrested.  That's a very high price to pay for such
a small problem.