From: Dan Phillips [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 12:01 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: RE: No-Compete

I've signed a few of these over my career and I have found that most
employers will use them as weight against should tings get ugly. If you left
the company on good terms and steal clients or applications from them in
your new job, I doubt they would enforce the agreement. It's more or less
insurance for them, should something go wrong, they have a piece of paper to
cover their a$$. Besides, how could a judge tell someone that they can't
work in the field they have been tranined in?