Robert Munn wrote:
> On the way, we lost track of the number of accidents we saw on the side of
> the road (including two that had the entire freeway stopped in one

When I lived in the Los Angeles area back in 2000-2001 it became
expected that the top news story on any night when it had rained that
day would be how many accidents there were on I-5 and the various other
freeways in the area.  One drop of water falls from the sky and
everybody forgets how to drive!  Fortunately, I had come from Florida so
I have a lot of experience driving in the rain with the bonus of knowing
how to avoid insane drivers (retirement communities abound in Florida).
  The traffic out there still gave me a run for my money sometimes
though.  Glad I'm not in that mess anymore.

-Justin