> RoMunn wrote:
> That's the irony of this whole mess.

Nope, the irony of the whole mess is that Bush allowed to insane
levels of what Clinton started.  Or, more accurately, Bush was
clueless as to what was going on even though he was explicitly told.

Here's how it happened:

(1.) Clinton dismantled the protections the Great Depression put in
place with the Financial Services Modernization Act of 1999.

(2.) Phil Gramm authored, and Clinton signed, the Commodity Futures
Modernization Act which essentially said that the new unwalled
entities created in #1 could do anything they wanted without oversight
and without regulation.

(3.) Bush and his economic team was too stupid to see what was
happening.  They were like you: they created narratives to pretend the
truth didn't exist even though it was right in front of them.

Now our country finds itself in the same position as, say, a freshly
graduated law or medical student: a lot of potential, but a shitload
of debt.

And we're now doing the smart thing: starting our own business.

But in order to do that, we've got borrow start-up money.

So either help this new American Start-up be successful or get out of
the way.  Right now you're in the way of America.

But, hey, the bus is leaving either way so you can either be on it or
you can get dragged behind it.

Your choice.