I had mine done 18 months ago. I had a couple of days of pain afterwards,
lots of pain killers and ice packs did the trick. Thin latex gloves filled
with ice placed on your forehead with the fingers going down the sides of
your nose are particularly good to get the swelling down.

If they use packs to control the bleeding then their removal can be
"interesting". The packs they used for me were 3 inch long curved cotton
things reminiscent of tampons. Suffice to say, they're removed a day or so
after surgery by a nurse who simply uses force and some saline to ease them
out!

I was released the day after surgery, about 4 hours after the packs were
removed to make sure there was no excessive bleeding. I've heard stories of
people ending up staying in for several days where the bleeding is bad but
most cases I gather are more like mine.

Paul