On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 1:53 PM, Maureen <mamamaur...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Which, if any, of that are mainstream media attacks on Israel, as
> opposed to reporting on other organizations such as AI making the
> accusations?  Reporting an accusation is not the same as making an
> accusation.  Do you feel the reporting on the AI story is biased? if
> so, could you provide a link to that biased reporting?

How many agencies are reporting, analyzing, and writing editorials on Iran's
submission of Israeli leaders to Interpol for war crimes? Maybe 25% of the
real news with the rest talking about what others have written. I can point
to lots of places where anti-Israel media bias is shown but it is not
accepted by all.

I'm not sure what you're referring to regarding the Saudi lobby and
> why that has anything to do with reporting on Israel.

A lot of what we do in the middle east concerning Israel is affected by the
Saudi lobby. If we really supported Israel to the degree that others say we
do we would not be on their case all the time to open borders where it is
know that terrorists import weapons. We would not be forcing them to go
forward with peace plans where the other side has not fulfilled their part
of the basics. Etc etc etc. I'm not saying Israel is a model of saintly hood
but we hold them to a total different standard than anyone else and someone
is pushing that standard. The state department has some goal that is not
pro-Israel and their connection to Saudi Arabia is documented.

Also, Middle East is more than Israel and Palestine.  Lest you forget,
> the US is engaged in a very active war there in a little place called
> Iraq.

THANK YOU!!!!
Everyone says that 'fixing' Israel will lead to peace. I call bullshit on
that. Israel is not the reason for Pakistan accepting home grown terrorist
groups. It is not the reason for Iran's exporting of terror and seeking the
bomb. It is not the cause of Saudi export of religious intolerance, funding
of terror or religious discrimination. It is not the cause of Syria trying
to control and take over Lebanon. It has nothing to do with the Kurds. It is
not the cause of sectarian violence in Iraq and it is very arguable that it
even had more than a word to do with the invasion of Iraq.
Forget Israel. If we do that then we'll see that it is not the linchpin of
the middle east and that the conflict there is minuscule in comparison to
the real ones.