>> Too bad teaching one's daughters not to be whores doesn't seem like an
>> option.
>
>Heh, you're funny!  Liberals don't think the parents should do
>anything when it comes to teaching their kids about sex.  Abstinence
>as an educational program was laughed at.

Of course it was, anything that does not work should be laughed at. The
cumulative results and data has been quite clear, girls attending abstinence
only classes were significantly more likely to get pregnant, while the
girlfriends of boys attending these classes were much more likely to get
pregnant, even if they did not attend such classes themselves. Here's a fairly
typical recent study:

Abstinence-Only and Comprehensive Sex Education and the Initiation of Sexual
Activity and Teen Pregnancy
Pamela K. Kohler, R.N., M.P.H.a,c, Lisa E. Manhart, Ph.D.b,c, and William E..
Lafferty, M.D.a,*
Journal of Adolescent Health 42 (2008) 344 –351
(http://www.planetwire.org/files.fcgi/7689_Ab_Only_Ed_Kohler_.pdf)

Abstract Purpose: The role that sex education plays in the initiation of sexual
activity and risk of teen pregnancy and sexually transmitted disease (STD) is
controversial in the United States. Despite several systematic reviews, few
epidemiologic evaluations of the effectiveness of these programs on a
population level have been conducted.

Methods: Among never-married heterosexual adolescents, aged 15–19 years, who
participated in Cycle 6 (2002) of the National Survey of Family Growth and
reported on formal sex education received before their first sexual
intercourse (n = 1719), we compared the sexual health risks of adolescents who
received abstinence-only and comprehensive sex education to those of
adolescents who received no formal sex education. Weighted multivariate
logistic regression generated population-based estimates.
Results: Adolescents who received comprehensive sex education were
significantly less likely to report teen pregnancy (R2 adj = .4, 95% CI =
.22– .69, p < .001) than those who received no formal sex education, whereas
there was no significant effect of abstinence-only education (R2adj = .7, 95%
CI = .38 –1.45, p < .38). Abstinence-only education did not reduce the
likelihood of engaging in vaginal intercourse (R2adj = .8, 95% CI = .51–1.31,
p < .40), but comprehensive sex education was marginally associated with a
lower likelihood of reporting having engaged in vaginal inter- course (R2adj =
.7, 95% CI = .49 –1.02, p < .06). Neither abstinence-only nor comprehensive
sex education significantly reduced the likelihood of reported STD diagnoses
(Radj = 1.7, 95% CI = .57–34.76, p < .36 and R2adj = 1.8, 95% CI =
.67–5.00, p < .24 respectively).

Conclusions: Teaching about contraception was not associated with increased
risk of adolescent sexual activity or STD. Adolescents who received
comprehensive sex education had a lower risk of pregnancy than adolescents who
received abstinence-only or no sex education.
--

Here's another relevant review:
http://journals.lww.com/co-obgyn/pages/articleviewer.aspx?year=2007&issue=10000&article=00008&type=abstract

Abstinence and abstinence-only education
Ott, Mary A; Santelli, John S
Current Opinion in Obstetrics and Gynecology: Adolescent and pediatric
gynecology
October 2007 - Volume 19 - Issue 5 - p 446-452

Purpose of review: To review recent literature on medical accuracy, program
effectiveness, and ethical concerns related to abstinence-only policies for
adolescent sexuality education.

Recent findings: The federal government invests over 175 million dollars
annually in 'abstinence-only-until-marriage' programs. These programs are
required to withhold information on contraception and condom use, except for
information on failure rates. Abstinence-only curricula have been found to
contain scientifically inaccurate information, distorting data on topics such
as condom efficacy, and promote gender stereotypes. An independent evaluation
of the federal program, several systematic reviews, and cohort data from
population-based surveys find little evidence of efficacy and evidence of
possible harm. In contrast, comprehensive sexuality education programs have
been found to help teens delay initiation of intercourse and reduce sexual risk
behaviors. Abstinence-only polices violate the human rights of adolescents
because they withhold potentially life-saving information on HIV and other
sexually transmitted infections.

sexuality education is of much concern due to medical inaccuracies, lack of
effectiveness, and the withholding and distorting of health information.
--

I have information for about another 40 articles (not policy papers, and the
article must have been published in a peer reviewed journal - not a pay for

So the conclusion can be easily drawn that abstinence only education is
worthless, and there is a possibility that it may be harmful.

So in reference to your original statement, given the overwhelming evidence
against abstinence education do you want to revise your diatribe? Or do you
prefer faith based science to real research?