> But now that Google has offline access now to at least
> two of their big main items: email & calendar (I think
> docs does too now? havent checked) this argument
> doesn't really hold water anymore does it?

That is only one part of the pie though.  Many are fearful of giving one
company too much *access* to the data.  It's one thing to use all Google or
all Microsoft, but another thing entirely to allow a company to have access
to everything.  If you standardize on Microsoft, they don't have access to
all of your information, but Google does (because it's on their servers).
You have to trust their "do no evil" mantra to put everything on their
systems.  The other issue is upgrades.  If you're using Microsoft (or any
other local installable software) chances are it's not going to change
unless you tell it to (via an upgrade or something).  Google can update
their features and interface any time they want.  With installed software,
you can train people how to use it and it all always be the same.  With web
software it can change any time and you have no real way to plan for
retraining and adapting to those changes on your own schedule.  There are
pros and cons to either method of working and you just have to do whatever
works best for you.

-Justin