We aren't building an enterprise app here, we're dealing with a one-off
that's localized. If you can whip up a quick cf process in a couple lines of
code that does the trick IMO it's better than a scalable "proper" tool.

Look at it this way:

What's your boss going to prefer? The "right way" that took half a day to
implement or the "wrong way" where you're done in 10 minutes and get the
same result?

Everyone seems to be missing the subjective point to argue the objective
best practice principles of parsing a text file.