On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 9:09 PM, Robert wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 8:56 PM, Robert wrote:
>

>> Sorry, Gruss, but this fact sheet is dead wrong. Hambali was not captured
>> until August 2003:
>>

>> http://www.aljazeerah.info/News%20archives/2003%20News%20archives/August/17n/Hambali%20Captured%20Just%20in%20the%20Nick%20of%20Time.htm
>>

> So let's see the information Hambali had when he was captured. He had all
> kinds of goodies, apparently, on his computer. Let's see what was really
> going on.

And since we're digging into all the details, let's see the facts behind the
capture of the cell leader and the assertion that the others thought the
plot was not going forward. If we didn't learn of the cell leader (whose
name apparently has not been released?) through Hambali, how did we learn
it? And what of the assertion that the other cell members thought the plot
was done? The writer conveniently glosses over the fact that the other cell
members were "eventually arrested". Does that mean they were arrested after
Hambali was captured or before, because of information he gave up or through
some other means?

Still far more questions than answers. Should Obama then totally compromise
the CIA and years of intelligence efforts in order to answer all these
questions?