so here are some more tidbits:

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL0602/S00121.htm

This bit appears to confirm that Bush thought the West Coast plot was foiled
in 2002:

---

"Hambali recruited several key operatives who had been training in
Afghanistan. Once the operatives were recruited, they met with Osama bin
Laden, and then began preparations for the west coast attack," the president
said.

After busting suspects in Southeast Asia during 2002, the "west coast plot
had been thwarted," Bush said.

---

but a bit later, this part suggests that Hambali had other attacks planned.
Where they were in planning stages, etc. is not mentioned.

---

"Hambali planned to carry out bombings in Thailand against the U.S. and
British embassies, nightclubs in Phuket and Pattaya, and the Israeli
check-in counter at Bangkok's Don Muang airport," London's Sunday Times
reported in October 2003, citing Hambali's purported "interrogation
transcript".

"Hambali and two Al Qaeda assistants also considered attacking an Israeli
restaurant with a Star of David above it, in the [Bangkok] backpacker area
of Khao San Road," the British report said.

---

--
Robert Munn