With you on all counts Ray.

I remember as a kid watching the original, when Kreese has his dream about
the future while sleeping in the car. The terminators walking around on
human skulls while these death-planes fly over head searching for
victims.......i just remember wishing that this whole sequence would
continue because it was terrifyingly awesome.

So yeah, I think Terminator fans have been waiting for the "future
battle-royal between man and machine" since 1984. Hope it's good.