We are on the same page in essence but in practice Judith lets the kids get
away with a LOT more than I do. She was raised by an overprotective mother
who gave everything the benefit of the doubt without thought of the actual
situation or logic. Judith is very much the same way with the kids. She lets
a lot slide and that 'benefit of the doubt' thing really overpowers her at
times.
"maybe she was sleeping on it. (the book)". My response was that Hinda Tova
was awake, laying on top of the hard covered book with her finger in it (a
not very comfortable position). The situation was clear to me but for Judith
it was a 'but maybe'. She's a better mother than I.

Counseling is definitely on our list of things to do, sooner rather than
later. And Judith got some good ideas from the lecture last night. Now we
just have to apply them.