'Hard' data?  The facts that Judha presented were from a study of a small
sampling (10,000 surveys sent out - of which about 50% were returned) of
doctors in only 3 'specialties' (pediatrics, family practice and internal
medicine) and who would be considered 'primary care physicians'.  If that is
'proof' that doctors don't care about money than I would prefer to believe
in Gruss' fables and anecdotes.