> Dana wrote:
> The fact that Joe Schmo can't afford his premiums does not mean that
> he is any more expensive to insure than you or I.

I totally agree.  I am simply pointing out that the problem is not
*who pays* the problem is the total cost and that cost is out of
control.

If you know anyone that owns a business, it's likely that their costs
have doubled since 2000.  These cost increases are not due to who pays
the bill.

Thus simply changing who pays the bill won't fix the problem, it'll
just mean the premiums of everyone will grow until they bankrupt us.

Tossing that trend over the wall won't fix the trend.

The President is looking to FIX THE PROBLEM, not to just shift it.

IMO, the fix is a mix of consumer-directed healthcare and medicare.