you can run 32-bit guests on a 64-bit host no problem, I do that all the
time. imho, if you are running 2 GB or less memory in the VM, you are better
off with 32-bit guests, since a 64-bit OS uses more memory (64 bits wide v
32 bits wide).

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 6:07 AM, Zaphod wrote:

>
> I got to thinking about this the other night since my 32bit windows
> installs seem so slow on vmware and I've been playing with virtualbox
> on both linux and osx.  Since both of my hosts are 64 bit machines,
> does it make sense that the guest OS's should be 64 bit also?  Does
> the vm host have to translate 32 -> 64 bit otherwise?
>
>


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Want to reach the ColdFusion community with something they want? Let them know 
on the House of Fusion mailing lists
Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/message.cfm/messageid:297911
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=11502.10531.5

Reply via email to