I ended up loading both WinXP and WinXPx64 from scratch and running  
some benchmarks on them.  The graphic and disk scores were similar  
with the 64bit version just eeking out about 5% better, but the cpu  
scores were 400% better on the 64bit results.  I used passmark.com's  
benchmarking program, but there are 64 bit and 32 bit versions so I'm  
not sure if that would be the disparity.  I'll probably keep the 64bit  
system for now.  My original winxp vm is a bit long in the tooth and  
running very slowly.



On Jun 2, 2009, at 3:00 PM, Robert Munn wrote:

> you can run 32-bit guests on a 64-bit host no problem, I do that all  
> the
> time. imho, if you are running 2 GB or less memory in the VM, you  
> are better
> off with 32-bit guests, since a 64-bit OS uses more memory (64 bits  
> wide v
> 32 bits wide).

So I opened my door to my enemy
and I asked, could we wipe the slate clean,
but they tell me to please go fuck myself,
sometimes you just can't win





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Want to reach the ColdFusion community with something they want? Let them know 
on the House of Fusion mailing lists
Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/message.cfm/messageid:297934
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=11502.10531.5

Reply via email to