very detailed and very emphatic but.... I don't think I agree

> (1.) Did she also mention that the federal government contacts with
> private insurance to do its administration because private admin costs
> are lower?

Not at all. She categorically said Medicaid and Medicare have lower
administrative costs.

> (2.) Admin costs are based on the plan.

ok so... why are medicaid's costs lower?

> (3.) Admin costs are determined by doctors!!

a) based on a patient point of view, doctors who say they will not
take a given plan usually cite its pay scale as the reason

> SUMMARY
> -------------------
> If there was:
>
> * only one plan and
> * all providers had similar technology to submit claims, and
> * there were common clearinghouses to QA claims and reconcile

There is a common clearinghouse. it doesnt do QA, but it does store
patient data...

> Processing would be easy!  But there isn't and there isn't because
> that's how employers and providers want it.

Actually, I have not heard many a) employers or b) providers exclaim
that they are so glad we have the medical system we do

> Name me a private insurance company who's plans are in the hole by
> $30,000,000,000.

does not happen --- they raise premiums instead

> Couldn't all industries benefit from government competition?

<devils_advocate> couldn't they?</devils_advocate