>On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 12:17 PM, D
>> Then, all my PCs came with XP pre-installed and I don't have a CD for it,
>> need to
>> purchase a copy for re-installation and testing
>
>Many computers come with a hidden partition that has all the
>re-installation media on it.  If you really do have several PCs that
>had it pre-installed, there is a decent chance one of them still has
>that partition unless you intentionally wiped it out.
>
>-Cameron

Thanks, Cameron, my netbook does have two partitions, the one without volumn
label is marked as Primary while the other with label of the standard C: and
file system of NTFS.  If I runs format c: would the system still be bootable
but just with a clean C:\ ?  If so, that would be superb.  Googling has givens
me a certain answer on this.