> MS store does not have XP but some web site sells it
> even at like $69.90, and claims to be OEM download,
> did a whois lookup, the site is registerd to a south
> east Asian country, would the downloadable OS software
> be authentic? are they doing legal stuff?  Just want
> to be sure.  Thanks.

If I remember correctly, the OEM license is only valid/available if it's
sold with hardware.  People on eBay used to do this by selling it with a
busted motherboard, or an old 386 CPU chip, or something else essentially
worthless but within the definition of "hardware" according to the license.
I don't know if that is still something people do, but it's something to
check into anyway.

-Justin