like they aren't already though. But for anyone interested the notion of
comparitive shopping does not work for a patient that would be paying out of
pocket. Nor I think, does it work for insurance plans. I was recently asked
if I want Lovelace, Presbyterian or Molina. I have no clue  -- I want
whoever covers what I need covered. No way to determine this without
slogging through multiple levels of a call center and I am not sure even
that will work. And that's with more choices than I had before -- the last
time I changed insurance it went like this: employer had selescted BCBS,
probably because there was something about it that *they* liked. OK so, with
BCBS in this town you are a Lovelace patient. Period. Everyone else is an
out of network provider.

so.... loss of choice is a red herring in this debate imho.