"but hey, we don't have to take my word for it.  the viewing public has
voted with their remotes by the millions, sending a clear signal who they
trust to question authority."

You can't understate the importance of this.  Fox has been destroying the
competition for years, yet they refuse to change their approach.  When it
comes to prime time, networks will mimic anything that is successful.  When
it comes to the news, the other networks stick to their agendas, whether it
means low ratings and or not.  Recently, the other networks have moved even
further to the left.