Sorry for the delay in posting back.  I had another, unrelated, injury
(I pulled my back out packing on Saturday morning) I have been
recovering from.

Here is the Cliff's Notes Version of what happened:

There was a lot of alcohol consumed by the parties involved on Thursday night.

Things were said.

Tempers were lost (How many times can someone take being called a
'Nazi' and remain calm, especially when drunk?)

Punches (and some furniture) were thrown.

It was a regrettable incident. I am only thankful that a) no one was
seriously injured and b) we were bale to avoid the police getting the
police involved.