> Grant wrote:
>

>> * cut our population to 30 million
>

> Well if it's based on a percentage of tax income

The point is that the assumption that something that works for 30
million will scale to 400 million (assuming all other things being
equal) is not a good assumption to make.

(BTW, shouldn't most IT people intuitively get that one?)

But the larger point is thinking it's a great idea to have the
government take over price control for entire industries.

It just ain't gonna work.  Do you how I know?

Medicare is bankrupt.

And, let's not forget, Doctors will be happy as long as their rates
don't change.  At the end of the day they don't care if private
insurance or the tax payers pay their bills since both will make the
payment on their Cayenne S.

But trust me on this one: on the day that ANY of this impacts doctor's
pay you are going see a lobby force like you cannot believe.

You think private insurance has a lot of money?

Add up all the money every doctor, lab, clinic, and hospital makes in a year.

The anarchist in me can't wait for public health just to watch the
chaos when they try to touch Doctor's pay!

Exciting!