Whether you agree with it or not, the _rule_ is that if you don't go
after all uses, then you aren't defending your trademark. It doesn't
matter if you like it Dave. That's just the rule. So if they play nice
and ignore them, and EvilFlash comes along and they try to take them
out, then EvilFlash could say, "Look, you didn't defend your trademark
because you ignored GoodFlash."

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 1:47 PM, Dave l <cfl...@jamwerx.com> wrote:

> Well from the fallout Adobe is getting all over the web right now I can't see
> how this is "protecting" their trademark, they are taking a windoz type
> bashing.
>
> Even funnier is that they are advertising on some of the envatos sites.
>
> But serious.. my grinding ax or not, how is this protecting their trademark?
> How is this going to in anyway shape or form be a good move for adobe?
>

>>The point is entirely about protecting their trademark.  Period.  I
>>understand you have an axe to grind with Adobe, but this is really quite
>>normal behavior from any company with a trademark worth protecting.

Raymond Camden, ColdFusion Jedi Master

Email    : r...@camdenfamily.com
Blog      : www.coldfusionjedi.com
AOL IM : cfjedimaster