Yes but what irritates me is that on the so-called left there is a
very active group of Christian denominations and churches. Yes Hat
seems to ignore that and automatically assumes that any "Real"
Christian is right of center. When you look at the New Testament
scripture, the tone far more easily fits within the rubric of the left
than the right. Moreover many of the right wing's philosophies are
anathema (pardon the pun to the theologically inclined) to Christian
teachings.

You have to admit that the statement  in Matthew 19:23-24 (New
International Version) that says

Then Jesus said to his disciples, "I tell you the truth, it is hard
for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is
easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich
man to enter the kingdom of God."

is not exactly within the ideological slant of the right wing.