I wonder how long it will be before competing cable and satellite providers
drop NBC from their offerings..

-----Original Message-----
From: Cameron Childress [mailto:camer...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2009 5:49 PM
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: Breaking News! Comcast Buys NBC Universal!

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 5:31 PM, Vivec <gel21...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The venture would give Philadelphia-based Comcast control of
> entertainment and sports programs, with shows such as "30 Rock," and
> broadcast rights to the Olympics. The joint venture would also own
> Universal Studios, which has produced films including the "Fast &
> Furious" and the "Jason Bourne" franchises.
>
> Regulators probably will examine whether Comcast might use NBC's
> programming to undermine rival pay-TV services such as those of Dish
> Network Corp. and Verizon Communicati

This just in...

Coverage of the Olympics will be shown during a 2 week window sometime
during 2010, but might not be on at all and you may have to call
Comcast to reschedule.  30 Rock will be moved to a new channel each
week and your TiVo's schedule will be updated 4 hours late each time.

Also - all tickets to Universal Studios theme parks will be reduced to
$5 until you get 10 feet inside the gate where it will cost you $200
to continue.

Any customer service complaints to this new policy will be answered by
an 8 year old who speaks only Swahili and is just learning to tie
their own shoes. However, after any frustrating experience you can
Twitter @comcastcares who will finally give you a straight answer,
though half the time the answer will suck f