From: C. Hatton Humphrey [mailto:chumph...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 02, 2009 3:05 PM
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: climategate emails

> IMO, the authenticity of the "emails" should be empirically verified
before
> the debate even begins; otherwise they're invalid as evidence of anything
> else other than someone went to a great deal of trouble to produce a lot
of
> text files.
>
> These wouldn't hold up in a court of law, why even debate until
> authenticity
> is proven.

I'm not the one debating them or their contents - the professors that
allegedly wrote the emails and the general public (which the professors
claim are not educated enough to properly interpret their contents) are.

As other folks have said, both the school and professors have verified the
following:
a) Emails were released by a third party - a hacker.
b) The emails that are being discussed in the media originated from the
university and the professors in question.
c) The contents of the messages released match the contents of the messages
on the mail server.

The fact that nobody seems to be saying, "I didn't write that," would also
lead me to believe that the messages are legitimate.

But if you want to call a duck a frog just because it's got webbed feet and
spends a lot of time in the water, be my guest.