Frankly I thought that the author was being quite racist. he was
making a set of stereotypic assumptions based on someone's skin
colour.

As for the other part, the Aztecs were right up there with the Nazis
in terms of genocide. While the Spanish were not exactly innocent
either, the Aztec deserved what they got.

It pisses me off that some people condemn whites or Europeans while
blithely ignoring the culpability of the so called victims.