On Dec 21, 2009, at 11:12 AM, Sam wrote:
>> So, if the hospital you're using wants to pull the plug on your relative,
>> you can find another hospital that won't.  Right?
>
> This is true. But since most people can't pay for the extended care
> they will have no option. Hospitals as capitalist companies won't gain
> anything by offering free service. You're strawman seems to be
> capitalism only and dissolve government. They must work together not
> one or the other.

Hey, Sam, we agree I guess, because see, I think that govt. should be in
healthcare along with capitalism.  Kinda like the post office.  When I want to
get something delivered really really fast and be able to track it every step
of the way, I use UPS.  When I don't care when it gets there, I use the Post
Office.  So, if I want to get coverage above and beyond the govt plan, I'll
purchase it from another provider.  But people who can't afford that extra
coverage, won't be SOL, they'll have adequate coverage.

Isn't it funny though, that even though the government is in the shipping
business, it hasn't run the private companies out of that same market.