I grew up in the midst of traditional country.  Even opened some shows
for Waylon back before he was famous.  Love Willie's writing, and I
named my youngest kid after Kristofferson.  Was never much of a fan of
Cash until he did Nine Inch Nails song Hurt.

I love Gillian, and David Rawlins solo stuff is amazing as well.

Lately I've been listening to Janis Ian, Gretchen Peters, Tom Russell,
Ian Tyson, Eliza Gilkyson and Dave Alvin. Russell's album Blood and
Candle Smoke has some of the most intense lyrics I've encountered.
Gretchen and Janis are my favorite lyricists of all time.

Taylor is definitely pop, but I still like her lyrics.

One of the albums I produced back in the eighties with a couple of
songs I wrote has made its way into the 21st century and is now on
iTunes.  It's a weird feeling.