Man seriously.  I loved LOVED coldbox.  Saw some posts about FW/1, wrote
some samples, and I am freaking hooked.

-----Original Message-----
From: Judah McAuley [mailto:ju...@wiredotter.com]
Sent: Saturday, February 27, 2010 4:37 PM
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: who here is using or thinking about cf9?

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 1:30 PM, Larry C. Lyons <larrycly...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> We're in the process of upgrading to CF9. At the same time we're
> upgrading a bunch of apps from antique spaghetti code to Coldbox or
> CFWheels and web standards.

I love love love Coldbox. I've never been happier with a framework.
Just love it.

> So far so good. On our test server with CF 9 the upgrade so far has
> had no problems.

Just so you are aware, some old version of Coldbox (pre 2.6.4) had
compatibility issues with CF 9, mainly because of the way that CF9
brought in the Local scope.

> Next thing the boss wants to do is move all our Dev, Test and QA
> environments to virtual machines.

I generally agree with this *BUT* one huge caveat that bit me in the
ass is that virtual machines are almost always single processor, not
hyperthreaded.  Why does that matter? I had an app that turned out to
have an unscoped variable in a method of a singleton and so was not
thread safe.  This never came up in any of our testing because we were
testing on VMs and the lack of multiple cores prevented the race
condition from presenting itself. Consequently, we only found this
condition in production on our quad-core server. Fortunately, it
wasn't too difficult to trace the problem down, but then we had to
find a physical box we could appropriate, wipe it, do a whole
install/setup, recreate the condition and then show that the fix
really did fix it.

We'll still do our QA on virtual machines, but I'm demanding that we
have a physical box to do load testing on before we put new apps into
production to catch issues like that.

Judah