So long as we've jacked the thread that started as an avoidance of a jack :):

I like FW/1 for things like railo plugins.  The awesome thing about it
is it's just one file.

If you're doing anything serious you'd probably get a return on using
XML files and whatnot (other frameworks), tho I know a lot of folks
would rather have it all live in code, so hey, can't beat one file,
right?

Eclipse's approach is pretty interesting.  You can use XML or code.
The XML is powerful.

When looking at the Android stuff, it seems related.

And it seems like a lot of places are pushing describing UI through
some type of markup.  Microsoft and a few others seem pretty gung ho
about it.

Interesting times.  XML UIs and Object DBs.  One file frameworks and
frameworks that seem more like CMSs.

Too bad balance isn't such a relational deal, or we could have one
solution, and things wouldn't be so complicated.

;]3n

--
We distinguish the excellent man from the common man by saying that
the former is the one who makes great demands on himself, and the