From: denstar [mailto:valliants...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2010 1:20 PM
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: _Speaking_of_the_Supreme_Court:_Marine's_father_ord_ere
d_to_pay_court_costs_to_Westboro_Baptist_Churc

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 8:52 AM, LRS Scout wrote:

> Also the word privacy is never mentioned in the constitution, it's an
> invention of judicial activism.

So there's something in there saying the government has the right to
invade our privacy?

I was pretty sure that the idea was, that "we" didn't have to
enumerate all our rights, similar to this guy's take:

http://www.harrybrowne.org/articles/PrivacyRight.htm

A shorter version by someone else:

That's what the 10th Amendment is all about - government is strictly
limited to doing those activities which are specifically authorized to
it by the Constitution.

Everything else is left to "the States, respectively, or to the People."

No?

And how does the 4th fit in there?  Perhaps the 5th as well?

:Den

--
Accuracy is, in every case, advantageous to beauty, and just reasoning
to delicate sentiment. In vain would we exalt the one by depreciating