Go to antivirus.com...they have an online scanner you can use to eliminate
any possibility of a corrupted AV program.

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew P. Smith [mailto:m...@smithwebdesign.net]
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 7:25 AM
To: cf-community
Subject: My computer has slowed WAY down - what to look for?

Over the last week or so, my computer has slowed way down.  Not sure what is
going on.

Core i7 920 @ stock speeds
6gb corsair dominator @ 1600
c: 3x samsung f1 500 gb in raid 0
d: 3x samsung f1 1 tb in raid 5
Windows 7 Professional

Chrome used to start in a second.  Now, it takes 5 seconds to load the
browser once I hit the shortcut, and another 4-5 to load the page.
 Everything else is as slow.

Running Kaspersky IS and Prevx.  Scan shows nothing.  I have added Spybot S
& D which comes up clean.  Also ran a malwarebytes which was clean.  I have
posted a hijackthis log but have not yet received a response.

This is a brand new machine a few months old.

Help.  What can I try?

Googling for solutions brings up registry cleaners, but I have not
uninstalled a ton of software.